Chapter 10: Discussion
Watch the below videos: ABC News, NYPD “Chokehold” Death Raises Questions Over Use of Force and Exclusive: Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke, Jr. (Full Interview); and; then read the article “Hey Ferguson Protesters: Police Brutality is Not the Problem”:
READ: Hey Ferguson
Dutta, S. (2014, December 30). Hey Ferguson protesters: Police brutality is not the problem. The Washington Post. https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2014/12/30/hey-ferguson-protesters-police-brutality-is-not-the-problem/?utm_term=.9a060a92f716
Parenthetical citation: (Dutta, 2014)
ABC News. (2014, July 24). NYPD “chokehold” death raises questions over use of force [Video]. YouTube. https://youtu.be/De9gyfbdlv4
Parenthetical citation: (ABC News, 2014)
Parenthetical citation: (Today, 2014)
Milwaukee PBS (2016, November 18). Exclusive: Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke, Jr. (full interview) [Video]. YouTube. https://youtu.be/8j3x81EvZWI
Parenthetical citation: (MilWaukee PBS, 2016)
Using key terms and concepts from the textbook reading, answer the following questions in a balanced way.
(Please do not hyperbolize or generalize.) (Reference should be made to all materials provided in this assignment.)
- To what extent is police use of force and coercion inevitable?
- Is police brutality also inevitable? Explain.
- Why do you believe many members of minority communities believe the police use excessive force on a regular basis?
- Is there a war on police? Explain.
- Write a short paragraph of at least 500 words. [POST YOUR WORD COUNT AT THE END OF YOUR MAIN POST.]
- Use concrete examples/details and avoid generalities.
- Address all questions.