two tasks for you.
1. finish week 2quiz( it will appear and available on Friday, please check website at Friday). which will be located at Assessment.
(before you start quiz, please read those material as below: they are located at week 2 in the website.
(1. Review: McMichael : Chapter 2_Instituting the Development Project
2. ReviewHaglin _Development as Planned Poison available here: Harvard International Review_ Development as Poison.pdf
3. Watch Documentary_The Africans-A Triple Heritage (Episode 7)_Garden of Eden in Decay available through the eCourse -Reserves (https ://services.library.drexel .edu /playlist .php ?id=1_mm1i7y5v)
2. Write a sociology reading essay.
Based on insights from readings and documentaries covered in the first two weeks of classes, what were some social, cultural and economic impacts/consequences of colonialism, and how have these influenced your understanding of the development project (that is the development of underdevelopment). Which of the development theories covered in the first week of classes resonate with your understanding of development and why.
In your answer, ensure you give specific examples of these impacts, and their effects, citing examples from specific countries, where necessary. Remember to make explicit references to the readings, documentaries.
Length: 2.5 Pages (Double-Spaced)
*You can check tab week 1 and week 2 at website. you can know what material do you need.