What are the three components of realized strategy?
What four factors drive staging decisions?
What is the goal of implementation?
174) What are the key structural questions that managers must
ask when implementing a strategy?
175) What are examples of organizational systems and processes
that aid in implementing strategies?
176) What are some examples where good performance may not be a
What are the three perspectives of competitive
178) Why does the dynamic perspective combine both internal and
external determinants of competitive advantage?
179) According to Michael Porter’s theory, what factors
determine competitive advantage?
180) How does the holistic perspective set strategic management
apart from functional management?
181) What is the difference between business strategy and
corporate strategy? Provide an example of each.
182) In a short essay, identify the five elements of the
strategy diamond and provide an example of each.
183) Apply the strategy diamond to WestJet. Provide examples in
each of the five areas to illustrate how Westjet utilizes arenas, vehicles,
differentiators, and staging and what is the economic logic of their strategy?
184) What are the three main perspectives on competitive
advantage and how do they differ?